Here are some ways to get your holiday sparkle on:
1. Add something sparkly to your outfit. A shimmering tank top under a sweater, dangling earrings with some dazzle, or even a pair of pumps in silver or gold will make your look more festive. There’s no need to be too flashy; a sparkly navy blue looks beautiful. Don’t be afraid to add that shine, though; just remember to keep it simple. If you’re wearing a dress with sequins, leave jewelry understated.
2. Hot this season? Boots … ankle boots, over-the-knee boots, boots with buckles and suede boots that can be worn with skinny jeans or dresses. They complete an outfit and can take you from day to night stylishly. To keep things fun and festive, wear boots with some heel so you instantly feel more dressed up. Always a popular look? Black tights, knee boots, and a dress in a solid colour. This is a versatile party outfit that works at the office and at festive celebrations.
3. Accessorize. Accessories can transform an outfit so you can wear it again and again. Stick to classic pieces and change things up with a belt, a new scarf, a statement necklace or a handful of bracelets. Even your well-loved outfits will look up-to-the-minute, thanks to carefully chosen add-ons.
4. A LBD. Whether you’re out shopping for a new little black dress or shopping your closet, it’s always a good idea to wear a LBD during the holidays. Add a touch of glamour with an adornment or two, such as chandelier earrings, and wear a pair of sexy pumps; then you’re ready to rock the night away. To mix things up, try wearing a bright coloured belt over your beloved dress, or donning a pair of tights in a bold colour. Instant outfit-changer!
5. Makeup. If you’re not used to wearing a lot of makeup, or if you want to try something new, get out of your comfort zone and experiment with colour; a bright pink lipstick or a classic red will look gorgeous with your LBD. You can also play up your eyes with new eye shadow in shimmery gold or silver, and outline them with black liquid eyeliner. You’ll look and feel like a holiday goddess.
6. Wear white. No white after Labour Day? That’s a rule made to be broken, especially during the holidays. Cozy white sweaters with silver accessories, white tank tops with black pants, and white pants with sparkly tops work well, no matter the season.