9 Gurdwara Road, Suite 200
Ottawa Ontario, K2E 7X6
Telephone Number: (613) 228-5600
CARE is Canada’s global force dedicated to defending dignity and fighting poverty by empowering the world’s most vulnerable and greatest resource for change : women and girls.
Become an Agent of Change today!
Women and girls represent the most vulnerable of the world’s poor, yet they are the greatest agents for powerful change within their own communities.
For just $1 per day, you can be an Agent of Change and partner together with a woman in a developing country.
Your regular gift of $30 a month will provide women and their families with access to life’s essentials. Items such as food, shelter, clean water, education and healthcare – everything she urgently needs to Live, Learn and Earn. Together you will make a profound difference in the lives of their families and communities.
Here are some of the life essentials your support will help provide:
- Clean water to sustain life and prevent disease;
- Health care so families can grow up healthy and strong;
- Education to break the cycle of poverty;
- Nourishment to ensure families have healthy meals;
- Income generation activities like micro-finance and vocational training, so a woman can earn a living.
As an Agent of Change you’ll receive:
A Welcome Kit, which will include:
- A welcome letter from CARE and introduction to a woman benefiting, in part, from your support with a photo and her story;
- A magnetic frame so that you can proudly display your photos;
- A Partnership Message card to sign and send back. This will be placed in the hands of women that you have empowered;
- The most recent “Empowerment Progress Report” to keep you abreast of the women and their families you stand beside everyday;
- The “World of CARE” map that shows you where Agents of Change like you are making a difference in the world.
- A CARE Empowerment Progress Report every four months with updates on how your ongoing compassion is making a positive difference in the life of a woman and her family, including a new photograph for your magnetic frame;
- Opportunities throughout the year to send cards and messages to women, girls and their families around the world that you have helped empower.