From the Almond Board of California.
Makes 8 servings
2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive or almond oil
2 cups (500 mL) toasted whole natural almonds
1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1 tsp (5 mL) ground red pepper (cayenne), or to taste
• Combine chili powder, curry powder, garlic powder and oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Heat until hot and bubbly.
•Stir in almonds, tossing until almonds are evenly coated and heated through, 3-4 minutes.
• Remove from heat and cool slightly.
• Stir in pepper sauce and red pepper.
• Allow to cool fully before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: per serving
Fibre: 5 g
Fat: 19 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sat Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 11 mg
Mono Fat: 12.8 g
Calcium: 97 mg
Poly Fat: 3.9 g
Magnesium: 105 mg
Protein: 7 g
Potassium: 268 mg
Carb: 8 g
Vitamin E: 2.1 mg*
* total alpha-tocopherol equivalents
More delicious recipes are available online at almondboard.com.