Tomato, Bocconcini and Basil Skewers
1 container baby bocconcini
1 bunch of basil, stems removed
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
18-24 mini skewers
Balsamic glaze for drizzling
1. Thread one piece of bocconcini followed by a basil leaf and a tomato.
2. Lay on a white plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Tip: If you don’t have balsamic glaze, take a half a cup of balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil, reduce to medium and cook for 5-8 minutes or until syrupy. This glaze is excellent brushed over frittata.
Smoked Salmon and Arugula Pinwheels
Makes 64 pieces
8 whole wheat tortillas
1/2 container cream cheese
1-2 tbsp of milk
1 tsp of wasabi
½ box of baby arugula
12 oz smoked salmon or gravlax
1. Mix cream cheese with milk and wasabi. Add more wasabi if you like.
2. Lay one tortilla on a flat surface. Spread cream cheese mixture over tortilla, leaving a ¼ “ border. Top with smoked salmon and arugula. Roll up and cut into slices.
Note: Recipe can be halved.
Black Bean Salsa with Corn Chips
1 15 oz can beans, drained and rinsed
½ red or yellow pepper finely chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or shallot
Juice of ½ lime or one key lime
Salt and Pepper
Bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together and serve with organic stone ground tortilla chips.
Tip: If you would like to pass these as a served appetizer, spoon some salsa on each chip. Experiment with different chips such as sweet potato chips and blue chips. To make this into an entrée, add some feta cheese and serve over a bed of greens.