Chewy and Shep are taking centre stage in the city this week at The Ottawa Kennel Club’s All Breed Championship Dog Show. Come and celebrate the 126th edition of this spectacular canine show from Friday, November 15, through Sunday, November 17 at the Ernst & Young Centre, 4899 Uplands Drive. Keep an eye on the judges as they choose the Best of Breed and Best in Show each day. At the Show of Shows on the evening of November 16, an international team of judges will select Canada’s Show of Shows winner. All the dogs competing in this elite event have been judged as Best in Show at events across the country over the past year.
This year there’s also a Best Baby Puppy Class and Competition. You’ll want to see that for sure. You can also check out the vendor booths and talk with breeders and owners of the many purebred dogs from the Ottawa region. There are also Ask A Vet and Ask A Lawyer booths on site.
Highlights of the event include:
- Judging of Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding classes.
- Best in Show competition; first in groups are judged at the end of each day.
- Best Puppy in Show, judged at the end of each day.
- Best Baby Puppy in Show, judged at the end of each day.
- Show of Shows; Best of all Best in Show winners over the past year compete for Best in Show of Shows on Saturday evening.
- Freestyle Dog Dancing.
- Junior Handlers (aged 4 to 18) compete for the title of top junior handler. Winners will also be part of the Show of Shows event.
Tickets are $10 for adults or $20 for a three-day pass. Children under age 16 get in for free.