Do you know how to protect the children in your life? Are you sure you do? Be sure by attending one of the upcoming prevention programs offered by Voice Found. An Ottawa-based organization dedicated to childhood sexual abuse prevention and support for survivors, Voice Found offers the excellent Stewards of Children Program for adults, parents and organizations that serve children and youth. Offered as a Saturday morning workshop, it provides valuable know-how to better protect kids, to help those who have been abused and to support adult survivors of sexual abuse.
- the facts about child sexual abuse
- the types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- the importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- the signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
The next workshops are February 9 and March 9 from 9 a.m. to noon at the St. John Ambulance building, 5 Corvus Court in Ottawa. Cost is $30.
For details, see www.voicefound.ca.