Five Reasons why Pierre Sparr Brut Crémant d’Alsace is your wine of the week….
LCBO Vintages #416040 | $18.95
by Monique Ippolito
1. It is a sure-fire crowd pleaser! Whether you enjoy it at Sunday brunch or use as a welcome glass to a weekend wine and cheese, this sparkling will not disappoint! Lovely fresh floral and ripe orchard fruit characters are the most dominant notes. There is a richness and creaminess to this wine as well giving it a nice full bodied appeal.
2. It is a French bubbly! Not Champagne, but just as good (or even better)! This sparkling wine is crafted using the traditional method (wine speak for: made the same way Champagne is made) with 100% Chardonnay grapes coming from the Alsace wine region in north-east France.
3. It’s a tremendous value for a high quality bubbly at a fraction of the cost of Champagne. Back up the truck for this one folks, as the Vintages stock could be depleting quickly at your local LCBO.
4. It pairs exceedingly well with fresh seafood. Looking to impress a date with a not-so-tedious DIY treat? Head to your local fish counter and pick up some oysters, cooked crab legs and cooked shrimps – creating a nice little raw seafood smorgasbord – and pair with the Pierre Sparr Brut. It should make for an exquisite meal!
5. It also pairs well with wedding season! Wedding planners, here you have a terrific example of a high quality toasting wine that is well within the budget.
Happy Friday Folks!