Give your grilled chicken big flavour
Grilled chicken on the barbecue is a summertime staple for many families. And it’s perfect fare for Canada Day weekend! Not only does grilling on the open flame add a smoky taste, it makes clean-up a breeze. This tangy lemon marinade as seen in Walmart Live Better magazine is going to turn everyone’s favourite bird into a juicy and flavourful feast that is sure to please.
Lemon & Garlic Grilled Chicken
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
• 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 3 tbsp Great Value Olive Oil
• 1 tbsp Great Value Garlic Powder
• 1 tbsp Great Value Dried Oregano Leaves
• 1 1/2 tsp Great Value Basil Leaves
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Trim excess fat from skin (this will prevent flare-ups on the grill). Make several shallow cuts in the meat to allow marinade to infuse.
2. Whisk lemon juice with oil, garlic powder, herbs and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
3. Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
5. Preheat barbecue to medium-low. Oil grill.
6. Remove meat from marinade (do not discard marinade). Barbecue with lid closed for 15 minutes then baste with remaining marinade.
7. Flip meat and continue grilling with lid closed until chicken feels springy when pressed, 15 to 20 more minutes.
Look for additional recipes and barbecue ideas at www.walmart.ca/recipes.