Each Friday, #Ottawa sommelier Monique Ippolito introduces us to a new wine worth savouring and sharing.
by Monique Ippolito
Season’s Greetings Folks! This is my last #WineoftheWeek instalment for 2015 and we are going out with a blast! Here are five reasons why Taittinger Brut is our wine of the week:
LCBO #365312 | $59.95
1. It’s Champagne!!! I hold a great appreciation for the Taittinger House Brut. It carries an extraordinary structure of lightness, elegance and finesse; and is, overall, a superb style of non-vintage Champagne.
2. It comes from an incredible legacy that is over 80 years old. The unique Taittinger style, strongly influenced by Chardonnay, has set them apart in such an innovative way that they have become established amongst the greatest Champagne Houses in Reims, France. To this day, they are still family own.
3. It tastes divine! Thousands of fine vigorously moving bubbles deliver notes of fresh pear, baked apple, brioche, orange blossoms and minerality. Then, just seconds after a single sip, this bubbly offers incredible complexity, mouthwatering acidity, a creamy mouthfeel and a long refreshing finish.
4. This bubbly can rise to any occasion! Enjoy at Christmas Eve/Day toasts, New Year Eve toasts or just as a treat to share with a very special someone in your life. It pairs very well with oysters, grab legs, smoked salmon or sashimi. I paired mine with holiday gift wrapping!
5. This is an excellent gift wine that keeps on giving! Take advantage of their 30 bonus Air Miles offer until Jan 2, 2016.
Merry Christmas & Best Wishes in the New Year!