Each Friday, #Ottawa sommelier Monique Ippolito introduces us to a new wine worth savouring and sharing. Cheers!
Happy Fall Friday Folks! Here are five reasons why Norman Hardie
Riesling is our wine of the week!
LCBO Vintages 131169 | $21.00
1. It’s incredibly mouthwatering! You will notice how the palate
floods after your first sip. That means ‘give me more’ and ‘give me
food with it too!’ This wine is pretty versatile and will complement
various parts of your meal: main course, cheese course and especially
starting (shellfish based) courses.
2. It’s aromatic with loads floral and citrus notes, but still bone
dry. It’s light bodied with crisp acidity and a refreshing finish.
3. It’s another Canadian gem! Just a quick drive down the 401 and you
get experience the entire portfolio of wines from the County Legend
himself, Norman Hardie. The Riesling is just the tip of the iceberg.
4. A highly versatile food pairing wine! Given its mouthwatering
texture, this wine is keen on prepping our palate for food. Terrific
food pairs include, but are not limited to: shellfish raw bar (oysters,
crab legs, sashimi), pan seared white fish, tacos (even steak tacos!)
and South Asian curries.
5. It’s not just me! This wine comes with rave reviews from other
Ottawa-based writers. Rated 92 points by Natalie MacLean
(NatalieMacLean.com), 91 points by Heather Wall (Huffington Post
Canada) and 90 points by CTV Sommelier Matt Steeves (quercusvino.ca).