Your Wine of the Week is … Good Kharma Chardonnay
Each Friday, #Ottawa sommelier Monique Ippolito introduces us to a new wine worth savouring and sharing. Cheers!
by Monique Ippolito
One of my favourite weekends of the year is upon us. So many things make Thanksgiving such an awesome holiday. I am very thankful for being surrounded by friends and family who either share my passion for wine and food, or appreciate my creativity and excitement for it. I am most thankful for having the privilege to celebrate this holiday (and many others) without worries or fears of not knowing where my next meal or shelter may be coming from.
Here are five reasons why Flat Rock Cellars Good Kharma Chardonnay is your wine of the week:
LCBO #356873 | $16.95
1. The label speaks for itself. A portion of each Good Kharma Chardonnay bottle sold goes to the Ontario Association of Food Banks. The OAFB is a network of 120 member food banks from across the province. Their vision is simply “working to end hunger in Ontario.”
2. This endeavour of goodwill all starts from a unique piece of the Niagara Escarpment called the Twenty Mile Bench (sub-appellation in the region of the Niagara Peninsula). The folks at Flat Rock are very passionate about what they do and have become legends at crafting world class bottles of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Riesling.
3. It’s a bargain for how great it tastes! This wine upholds an enticing balance of orchard fruit (apple, peach), citrus (lemon, pink grapefruit), spice and mineral notes. The acidity is high and mouthwatering with crisp finish.
4. It makes for a great addition to numerous Thanksgiving meals, but I particularly like sipping on this juice even when prepping my epic Thanksgiving spread. At this price, it’s not hard to pick up two or three or more bottles.
5. What goes around, comes around! LCBO is offering 7 bonus Air Miles when you purchase a bottle of Good Kharma Chardonnay until October 10th.
Bottom line, this is a great wine, at a great price doing its part to end hunger in Ontario.
This entry was posted in Living
and tagged entertaining
. Bookmark the permalink