Five reasons why 13th Street Gamay Noir is your Wine of the Week #WOTW
LCBO Vintages #177824 | $19.95
Each Friday, #Ottawa sommelier Monique Ippolito introduces us to a new wine worth savouring and sharing. Cheers!
1. This wine comes from a very lovely home. Two families with strong roots and commitment to their Niagara community came together many moons ago to share a common love for wine, food and art. A visit to the 13th Street Winery in St. Catharines will give you just that – stunning wines, beautiful artwork and an incredible bakery. The buttertarts are legendary!
2. It’s a fine example of cool climate Gamay Noir. Lovely raspberry, cherry, peppercorn and baking spice notes are revealed with every sip.
3. It’s a light to medium bodied red with a silky smooth and luscious mouthfeel, making it pretty easy drinking. Easy enough for any night of the week.
4. It never disappoints with food. I have paired it with everything from tacos, to planked nachos, to burgers, to a grilled juicy rib eye; and I have exciting plans this fall to pair it with some meaty stews.
5. Can you tell how much I favour this wine yet? Simply put, it’s a gem. The value for quality is immeasurable. I’ll confess, I buy it by the case.