#WOTW: A Pinot Gris to go with Soup and Grey’s Anatomy
Five reasons why Kate Radburnd Sun Kissed Pinot Gris is your wine of the week….
LCBO #359000 | $15.95
Each Friday, #Ottawa sommelier Monique Ippolito introduces us to a new wine worth savouring and sharing. Cheers!
1. According to the calendar, the fall equinox will officially be upon us Wednesday, September 23. This wine is indeed our last dash of summer sunshine. Let’s enjoy it as we reminisce on our summer highlights!
2. Fall season means all our prime time TV favourites (and more) are back! I guarantee you that this wine pairs well with Grey’s Anatomy or Scandal.
3. Fall season also means we get to enjoy our bountiful harvest! This Pinot Gris happens to pair quite well with stews and soups. Try it with pumpkin – sweet potato – ginger soup, curried lentil stew or Thai coconut curry soup.
4. It should be another crowd pleaser. This wine shows off plenty of floral, citrus and tropical fruit notes. It is a light to medium bodied white wine, and it is crisp and refreshing.
5. It is a great bargain for its class. This style of Pinot Gris is not your typical dry, mineral Italian style Pinot Grigio or the fuller bodied aromatic French (Alsatian) style. It is in a class of its own and I suspect that Pinot Gris out of New Zealand will become their next big hit.
Try it with soup, stew and great TV.
This entry was posted in Homestyle
and tagged #WOTW
. Bookmark the permalink