Teri has been teaching Childrens Yoga for 6 years in Ottawa and the surrounding area. Along with being a Childrens Yoga Instructor ( Club Yoga) she also has a child centered educational background, her Early Childhood Education Diploma, Bachelor of Arts in Child Studies and her Bachelor of Education. She lives in Arnprior with her husband Richard and her crazy cat Alice. In her spare time enjoys art, travelling, meditation, golfing, reading, journaling and spending time with friends and family.
“Teaching yoga is the most rewarding and creative experiences I have ever had. The children surprise me every class with their focus, ability and questions. Yoga provides opportunites for self discovery and brings great joy into my life.” Being “yogaish” is being the best you can be, doing the best you can and letting your own star shine brightly. I encourage them to move their bodies, express their minds and allow their spirits to soar.” – Teri
Our Mission at Yogaish
- We want children to achieve their full potential and realize that a healthy lifestyle can be enjoyable and beneficial.
- We strive to provide classes that are all-inclusive and non-competitive yet challenging and engaging.
- Our program offer opportunities for the children to develop as strong, responsible, and focused individuals.
- Our child centred classes embrace sharing, cooperation, and creativity.
- Through visualizations, breathing techniques and mantras the children gain an appreciation for relaxation and taking care of their whole self.
- To offer a fun and nurturing environment and safe yoga practices